Thursday 19 May 2011

All my bags are packed... I'm ready to go!

Today is the day!!!

I am off to start my 24 hour plus trek to Sierra Leone. I am sitting in the airport and the count down is on. 2 hours to go! I have had my last Tim Hortons and feel a little bit wired on caffeine as well as excitement (no nerves yet). I can't believe that its finally happening! This is something that I have wanted to do for so long that it is strange to be sitting in the airport realizing that I am about to make it a reality! Thanks again for everyone who donated and helped make this trip possible. A special thanks to the anonymous donors who I couldn't thank personally!

The Trek
I am starting with a 7 hour flight to London England... then a 6 hour layover in Heathrow (which apparently has great shopping... too bad I have no space in my carry-on)... and then a 8 hour flight from London to Lungi Airport in Sierra Leone. Once I arrive I will be taking a bus/van to the docks and then a water taxi to the ship.


Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I travel!

No comments:

Post a Comment